- September 2020
We have seen a gradual increase in membership over the last few months with over 57% of our members being women. From receiving feedback, one of the key attractions of joining the club is that we really look after new members and guide them to run with a group of similar ability. When we set up the club, our motto “no one gets left behind” remains as important now as it was then.
We have been vigilant with regards to COVID and whilst we have continued with our club runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have had to follow strict guidelines, which everyone has complied with.
Communicating to our members during these difficult times has been key with our favoured methods being the weekly newsletter and our WhatsApp groups.
The weather at the beginning of the month was very warm and made sitting out after a run with a drink very pleasant. The only down side to the hot weather was the clubhouse ran out of beer for a short time!
Both our Tuesday and Thursday evening runs have developed over the last year. Tuesdays being our main club run with a choice of a 5k, 7k and 10k distances at a variety of paces and is always well attended. Thursdays were originally for beginner sessions but have developed into a second club night for the week; it is a little bit more informal with distances and paces decided on the night dependant on attendees and numbers have built up over the last few weeks. Beginners are actively encouraged to attend on either evenings to come along and run with our beginner groups.
The virtual 5k has remained popular with sometimes over 25 members joining in each week. One of the fastest times was Tom who came home with a time of 22.35.
We managed one social event this month, a hot and sunny golf day at the Ridge with Chris coming out as the winner.
- November 2019November gave us the good news of receiving a London Marathon club place, we held a draw for the place and the lucky winner was Dave W. On the 10th November Alan ran a good time at the Saffron Walden half marathon. The following week at Marden Tony had a strong performance ...Read More
- October 2019In October we said a goodbye to our summer evening runs in Mote Park and hello to our winter routes and lots of autumn races. On the 6th October Charlee, Clive, Mick and Neil all competed in the Ashford 10k and Charlee excelled with a PB. On the same day we ...Read More
- September 2019The early September 2019 gave us good weather and again, we made full use of Mote Park for our club runs. The Mote Cricket Club is a great venue, especially when you can sit outside after a Tuesday club run watch the cricket with a drink. On the 1st September 2019, Lianne ...Read More
- August 2019It’s been a really good month with great use of Mote Park for our runs which have ranged from 1 mile to 10k and at varying levels. There has always been a volunteer back-marker on each club run as we know it can be quite intimidating if you’re not one ...Read More
- July 2019We had a good Race for Life volunteer contingent at Mote Park for their obstacle 5k that took place on 7th July 2019. We were asked initially if we wanted to get involved by The Mote and of course we were very happy to oblige. A really good and surprisingly ...Read More