- April 2020
During lockdown we have kept busy and connected with different virtual challenges including quizzes, escape rooms and scavenger hunts. We have kept in touch with each other’s running through Strava, Facebook and WhatsApp, where there has been lots of positive encouragement.
- November 2019November gave us the good news of receiving a London Marathon club place, we held a draw for the place and the lucky winner was Dave W. On the 10th November Alan ran a good time at the Saffron Walden half marathon. The following week at Marden Tony had a strong performance ...Read More
- October 2019In October we said a goodbye to our summer evening runs in Mote Park and hello to our winter routes and lots of autumn races. On the 6th October Charlee, Clive, Mick and Neil all competed in the Ashford 10k and Charlee excelled with a PB. On the same day we ...Read More
- September 2019The early September 2019 gave us good weather and again, we made full use of Mote Park for our club runs. The Mote Cricket Club is a great venue, especially when you can sit outside after a Tuesday club run watch the cricket with a drink. On the 1st September 2019, Lianne ...Read More
- August 2019It’s been a really good month with great use of Mote Park for our runs which have ranged from 1 mile to 10k and at varying levels. There has always been a volunteer back-marker on each club run as we know it can be quite intimidating if you’re not one ...Read More
- July 2019We had a good Race for Life volunteer contingent at Mote Park for their obstacle 5k that took place on 7th July 2019. We were asked initially if we wanted to get involved by The Mote and of course we were very happy to oblige. A really good and surprisingly ...Read More