- March 2021
The 5k’s continued to be a big success with Eve and Tracey regularly coming in with fast times. And not forgetting Tony with his 24.08 PB.
The early part of the month was dull and cold but with some big mileage being put in. We continued to be optimistic as to the future with signs that some races may be taking place in the summer. There was a general feeling within the club that were keen to get back normal.
Unfortunately Mel has had a setback suffering a nasty injury but we know he will be back on form soon.
With encouraging signs that lockdown may be easing, we have followed the England Athletics Road Map with 29th March 2021 being one of the key dates that we have all been looking forward to. This meant that we could meet as a club outdoors but under the strict guidelines.
We met for the first time on 30th March 2021 and it was great to be back. The weather was good and everyone did a 5k around Mote Park. We were very well received by both the cricket and rugby club and we are very grateful to be able to have access to such a great location.
- October 2020The Virtual VLM took place on 4th October 2020 on a wet and windy day. Despite the conditions, there was plenty of support for our runners who ran along the Medway. A huge congratulation to all who participated. We continued to meet at the club on both a Tuesday and Thursday ...Read More
- September 2020We have seen a gradual increase in membership over the last few months with over 57% of our members being women. From receiving feedback, one of the key attractions of joining the club is that we really look after new members and guide them to run with a group of ...Read More
- August 2020Whilst Tuesday nights are our main club night, Thursday nights are proving to be very popular. These are slightly less formal than Tuesdays but we continue to run in groups and of course, “no-one gets left behind”. Having a variety of routes and runs with varying abilities helps everyone to ...Read More
- July 2020After a long “lockdown” break, we returned to our Tuesday and Thursday night club runs and it was great to be back. Lots of social distancing taking place but everyone played their part in making the club nights work. We also had our 5 mile virtual challenge with Tim and Charlee ...Read More
- June 2020The Weekly Newsletter has come of age during lockdown with lots of activities to report on. With plenty of photos being submitted, there seems to be some friendly competition as who gets their picture as the header. The Virtual 5k goes from strength to strength with lots of new participants and ...Read More