- June 2020
The Weekly Newsletter has come of age during lockdown with lots of activities to report on. With plenty of photos being submitted, there seems to be some friendly competition as who gets their picture as the header.
The Virtual 5k goes from strength to strength with lots of new participants and plenty of PB’s being achieved. Under Mick’s guidance, the idea is to just run a 5k each week and to see if you can slowly improve your time. The results have been impressive.
With golf being one of the sports you can play, we had an unofficial golf day at The Ridge. Clive came out on top on a very warm day.
And finally, our membership renewal has gone really well with virtually every member renewing, and we have even picked up a few new ones.
- January 2020We would like to welcome many new members to the club in the new year. It’s really great to watch our membership growing and see how people are progressing with their running, Mote Runners competed in the Benfleet 15 miler, Farnborough half and we’ve seen some of our runners abroad. January saw ...Read More
- December 2019Mote runners were represented for the first time in the Kent VET’s Cross Country Championships, well done to all of those who competed. December also saw the inter club race between Mote Runners and the Dragons Running Club. This was great race and a big success. We celebrated Christmas at the Plough ...Read More
- November 2019November gave us the good news of receiving a London Marathon club place, we held a draw for the place and the lucky winner was Dave W. On the 10th November Alan ran a good time at the Saffron Walden half marathon. The following week at Marden Tony had a strong performance ...Read More
- October 2019In October we said a goodbye to our summer evening runs in Mote Park and hello to our winter routes and lots of autumn races. On the 6th October Charlee, Clive, Mick and Neil all competed in the Ashford 10k and Charlee excelled with a PB. On the same day we ...Read More
- September 2019The early September 2019 gave us good weather and again, we made full use of Mote Park for our club runs. The Mote Cricket Club is a great venue, especially when you can sit outside after a Tuesday club run watch the cricket with a drink. On the 1st September 2019, Lianne ...Read More