- March 2021
The 5k’s continued to be a big success with Eve and Tracey regularly coming in with fast times. And not forgetting Tony with his 24.08 PB.
The early part of the month was dull and cold but with some big mileage being put in. We continued to be optimistic as to the future with signs that some races may be taking place in the summer. There was a general feeling within the club that were keen to get back normal.
Unfortunately Mel has had a setback suffering a nasty injury but we know he will be back on form soon.
With encouraging signs that lockdown may be easing, we have followed the England Athletics Road Map with 29th March 2021 being one of the key dates that we have all been looking forward to. This meant that we could meet as a club outdoors but under the strict guidelines.
We met for the first time on 30th March 2021 and it was great to be back. The weather was good and everyone did a 5k around Mote Park. We were very well received by both the cricket and rugby club and we are very grateful to be able to have access to such a great location.
- February 2021February got off to a good start with Tom recording his first marathon distance. The February Challenge proved interesting. The idea was that you got a point for each activity you did in February. These activities included a 3k walk, a 1 mile sprint, a 5/10k run, speed session, yoga, hill ...Read More
- January 2021With the third national lockdown coming into place on 4th January 2021, there was the prospect of no club runs for the imminent future and the picture all round was bleak. It’s been a difficult time for so many and running has been one of the few activities that can ...Read More
- December 2020With Kent now in Tier 4, there is little chance of any club runs in the foreseeable future so we are keen to keep the club ticking over by organising other events. At the beginning of December, we had an excellent Zoom Sports Nutrition talk by Antonia Braun from www.feedfuelperform.com. Lots ...Read More
- November 2020We were able to meet only once in November due to “lockdown”. Despite this, there was plenty of activity with the various WhatsApp groups providing a great source of support and information. It has been a real shame that our club nights have had to come to a temporary halt as ...Read More
- October 2020The Virtual VLM took place on 4th October 2020 on a wet and windy day. Despite the conditions, there was plenty of support for our runners who ran along the Medway. A huge congratulation to all who participated. We continued to meet at the club on both a Tuesday and Thursday ...Read More