- March 2021
The 5k’s continued to be a big success with Eve and Tracey regularly coming in with fast times. And not forgetting Tony with his 24.08 PB.
The early part of the month was dull and cold but with some big mileage being put in. We continued to be optimistic as to the future with signs that some races may be taking place in the summer. There was a general feeling within the club that were keen to get back normal.
Unfortunately Mel has had a setback suffering a nasty injury but we know he will be back on form soon.
With encouraging signs that lockdown may be easing, we have followed the England Athletics Road Map with 29th March 2021 being one of the key dates that we have all been looking forward to. This meant that we could meet as a club outdoors but under the strict guidelines.
We met for the first time on 30th March 2021 and it was great to be back. The weather was good and everyone did a 5k around Mote Park. We were very well received by both the cricket and rugby club and we are very grateful to be able to have access to such a great location.
- December 2019Mote runners were represented for the first time in the Kent VET’s Cross Country Championships, well done to all of those who competed. December also saw the inter club race between Mote Runners and the Dragons Running Club. This was great race and a big success. We celebrated Christmas at the Plough ...Read More
- November 2019November gave us the good news of receiving a London Marathon club place, we held a draw for the place and the lucky winner was Dave W. On the 10th November Alan ran a good time at the Saffron Walden half marathon. The following week at Marden Tony had a strong performance ...Read More
- October 2019In October we said a goodbye to our summer evening runs in Mote Park and hello to our winter routes and lots of autumn races. On the 6th October Charlee, Clive, Mick and Neil all competed in the Ashford 10k and Charlee excelled with a PB. On the same day we ...Read More
- September 2019The early September 2019 gave us good weather and again, we made full use of Mote Park for our club runs. The Mote Cricket Club is a great venue, especially when you can sit outside after a Tuesday club run watch the cricket with a drink. On the 1st September 2019, Lianne ...Read More
- August 2019It’s been a really good month with great use of Mote Park for our runs which have ranged from 1 mile to 10k and at varying levels. There has always been a volunteer back-marker on each club run as we know it can be quite intimidating if you’re not one ...Read More