- Review of 2022
Mote Runners continued to thrive in 2022 with membership steadily increasing and many of our runners making great progress in reaching their individual goals. Below are a few of the highlights.
Club Championship – January – November 2022
We completed our first Club Championship, which consisted of 10 races with a scoring mechanism aimed at awarding those runners who have shown improvement through the year.
This proved to be a big success with many members competing. One of the first races was the Maidstone River Run, which was dominated by Mote Runners with many trophies being won.
The final race of the club championship was the Marden 10k in November 2022 and this provided the championship decider.
Leaders in Runners and Fitness (LiRF’s)
We had four members qualifying as LiRF’s in 2022. With a growing club, it is always useful to have a good spread of LiRF’s and we are always looking for new ones.
AGM – 26th April 2022
The AGM was held in the Clubhouse in April 2022 with all committee positions remaining unchanged. This was in fact the first AGM to have been held in person since the club was formed, the previous ones being held online.
5k Handicap Runs – Spring/Summer 2022
These continued throughout the year and always provided a lot of interest. These handicap runs were based on previously recorded times so the slowest runners go off first with the fastest last. The intention is that everyone finishes together which is normally within two minutes.
0-5 Beginners Course – June – August 2022
We commenced the 0-5k week course on 21st June 2022, which consisted of 12 sessions although due to the extreme heat, we had to cancel one of these. This was well attended and it was great to see so many of the 0-5ers graduating to our main club runs.
To provide ongoing support to our runners and especially those who are new to the club, we have introduced back-markers on all of our sessions, just to make sure “no one gets left behind”.
Jubilee Run – 7th June 2022
We held a Jubilee Run on 7th June 2022 in place of the normal club run. There were plenty of Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses on display together, of course with the obligatory Union Jack.
Running Track at Sutton Valance – Summer Holidays
We were lucky to be able to use the running track at Sutton Valance School during the summer and held a number of sessions that were well attended and a big success.
Daytime Runs – Autumn/Winter Months Only
Daytime runs on a Wednesday were introduced in ...
- February 2020February has been a busy running month with Mote Runners competing in Hyde Park, Chichester, Headcorn, Trosley and some did the Valentines Tough Love Challenge.Read More
- January 2020We would like to welcome many new members to the club in the new year. It’s really great to watch our membership growing and see how people are progressing with their running, Mote Runners competed in the Benfleet 15 miler, Farnborough half and we’ve seen some of our runners abroad. January saw ...Read More
- December 2019Mote runners were represented for the first time in the Kent VET’s Cross Country Championships, well done to all of those who competed. December also saw the inter club race between Mote Runners and the Dragons Running Club. This was great race and a big success. We celebrated Christmas at the Plough ...Read More
- November 2019November gave us the good news of receiving a London Marathon club place, we held a draw for the place and the lucky winner was Dave W. On the 10th November Alan ran a good time at the Saffron Walden half marathon. The following week at Marden Tony had a strong performance ...Read More
- October 2019In October we said a goodbye to our summer evening runs in Mote Park and hello to our winter routes and lots of autumn races. On the 6th October Charlee, Clive, Mick and Neil all competed in the Ashford 10k and Charlee excelled with a PB. On the same day we ...Read More